Out of State Judgment

if you are ruled against in the state of MA in small claims court and live outside of the state can the state of ma legal collect money from the defendant?

A judgment in another state can be enforced in RI Courts. This happens quite frequently when a person fails to contest the matter in the other state and then are slapped with a judgment in RI. Bankruptcy could be a solution for you as it would cancel the judgment and underlying debt.