Can I Enforce the Divorce Decree in Rhode Island, Since It's Been Since 2010. No Sell by or Pay by Date Was Ever Given?

I can not get my ex to give me my half of the home we shared in Rhode island. It’s stated on the divorce decree, but my attorney nor my exes gave a date which to pay me by. Therefore my ex is refusing to give me my share. 5 years later I still wait. What can I do?

Look if no time frame was included within the divorce decree the court can always use the ‘reasonableness’ standard. Anotherwords, is this reasonable, is this what the parties anticipated, is this a fair result? It sounds like not to all of the above. So, you need to hire a lawyer and seek to enforce the final decree. Good luck.