Probate and Estate

I was told I need a letter of administration to access the medical records of my father, deceased 14 years.  Courts I’ve called don’t seem to know how to go about it. This is simply for medical reasons and is not about the execution of estate.

In Ri if there are no assets of the estate your attorney can file a petition in probate for a ‘small estate’. This is an expedited process and costs far less. Usually within 30 days you will be appointed the administrator or the estate and with that document you would be able to access the medical records.