I Am Not Sure Exactly What I Can Deduct from the Security Deposit in the State of RI. I Know I Have 20 Days, Which Began Feb 1.

Document all the repairs thoroughly, obtain an independent estimate and take pictures. Deduct all of the costs of the actual repairs and refund the tenant the balance. Items that do not fall under ‘ordinary wear and tear’ are: broken fixtures, burn holes in carpet, holes in the walls, etc. Send all mail to the tenant certified. No too many people understand how much it costs when a bad tenant moves out. Good luck.