RI Dept of Taxes Put a Block on My Drivers License from Renewal, If I Move to Another State Can I Get a Drivers License Then?

This is a fairly common problem in Rhode Island. Operator control (or the DMV) will suspend for back taxes, car accidents without insurance, or, town car taxes. Your choices are very limited. First, pay the money and get your license released. Second, file bankruptcy and get the debt discharged. Most people choose the latter because it is less expensive and they simply don’t have a lump sum to pay the state. You should contact me to discuss other options. Thanks.